Besides my own creative and academic practice, I work as a consultant . I am always interested in receiving commissions and or invitations from diverse sectors and organisations, not just from the UK but internationally too.
I enjoy working with heritage, arts, cultural and educational organisations and sectors and or those who would like to draw on these expertise.
My ‘about me‘ section outlines all of my professional experiences to date and the below provides an outline of my knowledges, skills and expertise. For more bespoke or tailored requests, please do get in touch.
Teaching and Learning
- Curriculum design and development (schemes of work, lesson plans, reading lists and inclusive assessment practices)
- Decolonising the curriculum (specialising in arts and humanities based subjects)
- Guest Lecturing , speaking or chairing/ moderating and or short courses. Topics include: Black/Decolonial feminism, curating, climate justice, 20th/21st century global Black art movements, Pan African art movements, hip-hop and Black music cultures
- Indigenous, decolonial/anti-colonial knowledge productions and methodologies
- Coaching, mentoring and being a ‘critical friend’ around racially inclusive and equitable working cultures
- Workshops and talks covering intersectionality, anti-racism, coloniality/decoloniality and climate justice
- Co-designing and co-producing with marginalised communities and young people regarding cultural engagement and participation
- Writing/ proof reading reports, research policies around racial equity, audience engagement,
- Exhibition research and design
- Public programming and producing
- Writing (criticism, essays, opinion pieces, creative / experimental forms)